The Gold Museum in Brad was founded in 1896 when a German geologist collected several pieces found in the mines in the area. Over the years, the largest gold coin collection in Europe has gathered at the Brad Gold Museum.
Remarkable are the exhibits with native gold, originating from the Ore Mountains. Among the most spectacular shapes are the Dacian flag, gold lizards and a pentagonal crystal, unique in the world.
The collection has over 1,300 gold exhibits found in mines in the country and around the world. None of the exhibits have been processed by a goldsmith or jeweler, this being one of the special elements that define the uniqueness of the Museum.
About this ticket
Skip the line to get tickets
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the reserved date.
- The collection includes:
- archeological objects discovered in the Brad - Criscior area that prove the existence of man 5000 years ago and a gold mining activity of 2000 years. The old tools and objects used for the extraction and processing of gold ore, specific to the last two centuries, are joined by photographic images suggestive of these activities.
- gold in a unique form, that of ore: finely dispersed, free or concrescent with other minerals, lamellae, filaments, dendrites, granules and rare natural chemical combinations of gold with tellurium, among which silvanite and nagyagyt were identified for the first time in the world in deposits in the Apuseni Mountains.
- the deposits in the Bradului area form spectacular shapes that suggest to the visitor plants, animals or other objects: leaves, flowers, snake, puppy, bird wings, cannon, map of Romania.
- 800 exhibits from many countries, organized on scientific criteria: general notions about minerals, their genesis, physical properties that can be determined, chemical composition: metal sulfides, halogenated salts, oxides, oxygenated salts (carbonates, sulfates, silicates, etc. ). Some of these minerals were identified for the first time in the world in deposits in Romania.
- Museum visit.
- Parking in front of museum.
- Food and beverages
- Tour guide inside the museum
- Professional photo and video tax
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the reserved date. If you cancel under this time or do not show up, you will not be refunded.
Address: Strada Independenței 9, Brad 335200
Plan your visit
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you still have more questions, check out our section on frequently asked questions. If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.